Cebuana Lhuillier Bank Privacy Notice
PJ Lhuillier, Inc., the company behind Cebuana Lhuillier Bank, is committed to respecting and protecting your data privacy rights as a data subject in accordance with RA 10173 (“Data Privacy Law of 2012”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations and other applicable laws of the Republic of the Philippines.
Why do we process your personal information (PI)?
We process PI for the following reasons:
- Process your transaction(s) whenever you avail of our products and services;
- Address your inquiries, concerns or complaints;
- Comply with laws and regulations governing our products and services (i.e. AMLA, CIC, etc); and
- Inform you about our new product/services offerings and promotions (“direct marketing”).
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Services.
- To survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction.
We may also share your PI with:
- Our accredited third party personal information processors such as contractors, vendors, financial and legal consultants.
- Our affiliate companies (for commercial purposes, including direct marketing or profiling)
- Such data sharing shall be done in a manner compliant with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. Your PI may also be processed electronically and/or manually.
What information do we process?
To process general inquiries or concerns about the products and services we offer:
- Your Full Name
- Your E-mail Address
- Contact numbers
To process your transactions covered by RA 9160, Anti-Money Laundering Law Act of 2001, as amended:
- Present address
- Date and place of birth
- Contact details
- Specimen signature
- Source of funds
- Permanent address
- identification cards
- Name, present address, date and place of birth, nature of work and source of funds of beneficial owner or beneficiary, whenever applicable
- When the customer or authorized representative is a foreign national, passport or Alien Certificate of Registration issued by the Bureau of Immigration
- As part of due diligence, we may collect information about religious affiliation in the event the date of birth cannot be provided (due to religious beliefs) as this is required information under the law.
If reasonably necessary, we may also process your sensitive personal information such as credit card details.
We employ a combination of organizational, contractual, physical, procedural and technical security measures to secure your PI that we process. Only authorized personnel shall have access to your PI. We will retain your PI related to transactions for a minimum of ten (10) years to comply with applicable laws. On the other hand, PI collected from inquiries, complaints/concerns or during events will be retained for two (2) years.
Access, Correction and Erasure/Blocking
You have the right to request for a copy of your PI that we keep as well as request for the correction of any inaccurate data. You likewise have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your PI from our system.
You have the right to object or withhold consent to the processing of your PI. However, if you choose not to provide us with the required PI, we may be unable to provide you with the service requested or provide appropriate advice or service.
Limitation on Rights
The foregoing rights with respect to your PI shall not apply to the processing of personal data gathered for the purpose of investigations in relation to any criminal, administrative or tax liabilities that you may have, provided that we will process the same only to the minimum extent necessary to achieve the purpose of said investigations.
How to contact us
Feedback and queries on our products and services : [email protected]
Data Privacy queries and concerns : [email protected]
I want to know more about RA 10173
Please visit the website of the National Privacy Commission (https://privacy.gov.ph)
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to us or how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your personal information. Any relevant updates will be posted on the Cebuana Lhuillier Bank website.